Welcome

Check every section from this blog and take your time to use the commentaries to help to improve it. Thank you!


Sunday, December 4, 2011

Osasuna-Betis, a remembrance day for Patxi Puñal

Good morning, dear Osasunists!
Today is a historical day, not for the visit of a famous team all over the world,as it is Real Betis, but for the reason that a NAVARRIAN FOOTBALL PLAYER: PATXI PUÑAL is to become the player with more games in history.
Patxi Puñal is going to play his 351 match with Osasuna and is overtaking the record of another famous player for Osasuna supporters: Javier Castañeda.
This event is taking me to my young memories when I used to go to El Sadar from 1980's to the beginning of this century.
When Osasuna was in the Second Division before the 80's I never heard of the team of my city and region, and I was a supporter of F.C. Barcelona,, the team of Johan Cruyff, who was the best player in the 70's, like Messi is now!
Now that the mass media are everywher and I am a teacher of English, I usually tell off my student who support powerful teams like Real Madrid or Barça, and they don't follow a modest honest football team like Osasuna.
I am not in the mind of Puñal, but I suppose that he will bring memories of his first days in Osasuna juvenil ( when he was 11 or 13 years old ) and he started playing football. I think he will come to very good moments
as a proffessional player with the victories in El Bernabeu, Nou Camp or his victories in Europe, but what I am sure he will be proud of is the support of his family, his neighbours and the people of his city, Pamplona, and his region, Navarra, with brave and inconditional supporters in El Sadar.
Congratulations Patxi! NADIE PODRÁ PARAR A PATXI PUÑAL!
Gora Osasuna!Aupa Rojillos!Aurrera Patxi Puñal!
P.S.: I wanted to put some videos about Catañeda and the team of the 80's, but I couldn't find any!

No comments:

Blog Archive