Welcome

Check every section from this blog and take your time to use the commentaries to help to improve it. Thank you!


Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My routines and free time activities at Christmas

Today we are starting a holiday period of three weeks with a lot of free time and some other routines people usually accomplish.
As teachers and students we always start our holidays at weekends, but this year we are starting today, the same day of the Christmas Lottery Day, on the 22nd December.
If we talk about special days at Christmas, I have to say that on Christmas Eve (Nochebuena), I usually spend the night at my mum's. She lives alone, but my brother, sisters, brothers-in-law (cuñados) and nephews ( sobrinos ) meet around a feast table at ten o'clock in the evening.
But before dinner, I often go to see the Olentzero Parade (desfile) along the city centre in Pamplona, but this year I'm driving home from Bilbao at that time.
Then, the following day is Christmas (Navidad). That day I always get up late, as the night before I stay until early morning at my mum's. I sometimes go to my school church and pray ( rezar ) and listen to some Christmas carols ( Villancicos ), but I think this year I'm meeting a friend before lunch.
At Christmas Day I usually have lunch at my brother's with all my family, but this year my elder sister (hermana mayor) is staying with her in-law family (familia de su marido o política). We usually have seafood ( marisco), soup and roast lamb (cordero asado) before the desserts(postres) and turrones or polvorones. Then we usually chat, play bingo or with my brother's Playstation. We usually stay there until eight o'clock in the evening.
The following days are not special dates for Christmas, but we usually meet with my cousins from Zaragoza. We met in Pamplona last year, but this year we are meeting in Zaragoza. They are the family from my father side. We are 13 cousins apart from husbands and wives and their children and my uncles and aunts. So, we usually meet around 35 to 40 people in a restaurant.
And this is all for now, I'll write another composition about my daily routines for New Year's Eve, New Year and The Three Wise Men Day ( 6th January ) next week.
Enjoy your holidays and Happy Christmas Day!

No comments:

Blog Archive