Welcome

Check every section from this blog and take your time to use the commentaries to help to improve it. Thank you!


Friday, February 26, 2010

Sporting-Osasuna, a traditional northern confrontation


This weekend I am going to write my weekly article in a previous day, as I'll be out of my home office before the match starts, so it's imposible for me to write on Sunday.

Osasuna is playing against Sporting in Gijón at 5 o'clock on Sunday. It's a classical game in the Spanish League, but in the last decade both teams had to strugglre to recover their category, the one which belong to both for history, as they were in second division at the beginning of 2000.

The most lately remembered confrontation between both teams was in May 2000 when more than 7,000 Osasuna supporters travelled to Gijon to help their team with their songs so they could get their goal: to promote to First Division.

The local team scored five minutes before the end of the match, but almost when the referee is about to whistle off, Ivan Rosado, our salvator, score to keep Osasuna options against Recreativo for the following weekend. And everybody knows the end of this story, luckily!

Therefore, El Molinon Stadium is synonimous of good news. However, there are other "black" dates. The score of 7-1 at 93-94 season is one of the most shameful defeats in our history, and Camacho's debut was a defeat too ( 2-1 )

Let's see what happens this Sunday! I hope I finish my weekend with good news!
Aupa Rojillos! Gora Osasuna!

No comments:

Blog Archive