Welcome

Check every section from this blog and take your time to use the commentaries to help to improve it. Thank you!


Monday, November 23, 2009

My favourite TV programme




Today there are many TV channels in Spain, though only 40 years ago there was an only one: TVE.
It's difficult, then, to talk about a unique favourite TV programme for a person, and I suppose it's even more difficult if you dedicate most of your free time in other hobbies: Internet, chat, playing computer games, going out, playing sports,....and don't forget you must do your daily homework.
Anyway, here I'm writing a model for your composition. Don't forget to describe what the programme is about, the channel it is on, the time you can watch and the title for the first paragraph. Then, describe the story or some of the characters/protagonists in the second paragraph, and finally, say why you like it in the final paragraph.
There are many programmes on the Spanish TV that I like,I'm a telly addict, and I'm going to describe them as shortly as possible.



To start with,when I arrive at home and have lunch I watch the news at 14.58 pm everyday on ETB ( the Basque television ), because they always talk about close news, about Navarra and Osasuna when they talk about football. I also like watching the news on channel Tele5 in the evening, at nine o'clock, just to get another point of view.



Besides, I usually watch a talk/chat show on ETB : Pasalo, at quarter past four in the afternoon everyday, but sometimes the topics are about politics and economy, and I am not very interested in them, so I often do my homework ( I correct or prepare writings like this one ). The presenters, Adela and Iñaki, are funny, but serious when it's necessary.



A quiz programme I really like during the week is Pasapalabra on Tele5 at quarter past eight in the evening, though I sometimes do zapping on Cuatro to watch Password at the same time. They are good quizes to learn about vocabulary and use the brains. The contestants are very good and they get very good prizes too.



These programmes are from Monday to Friday, but other programmes I sometimes watch are on specific days. For example, I watch La Señora on TVE1 at ten o'clock in the evening on Monday. It's a Spanish soap opera about the Spanish society at first half of XXth century. The main characters are Victoria, the lady, and Angel, a priest in love with the lady, and then people around them.
I hardly ever watch El Internado on Antena3, because it's at the same time and it is for younger people, because the characters are students in a boarding school who are trying to discover some mysteries about a series of crimes in that school.



On Tuesdays I usually watch a film on ETB at ten o'clock in the evening, but last two months I'm watching a reality show called Curso del 63 on Antena3. It's a reality show about the education at the beginning of the 60's in Spain, and though I know it's fiction, I like it and I usually start a debate after the show at home. I think the teachers and principal are good actors and the students learn more than geography, history or science. They learn how to respect people, rules and EDUCATION.



Some Tuesdays and Wednesdays I don't watch any series or films, because I usually watch the match of the day for the Champions. I like football and I enjoy watching teams like Barça, Liverpool, Milan, ...and sometimes Osasuna, of course, I know they don't play the Champions, but they're the best team in the world, even when they only play Copa del Rey during the week. The match is normally at quarter to nine in the evening on TVE1/ETB1 this season, but I also watch sports on Goal TV, Eurosport or Teledeporte in TDT or cable television.



On Thursday there aren't many programmes I like, so I sometimes watch a video about other programmes of the week. I usually watch a documentary about travelling from TVE1 and Cuatro called Viajeros or Españoles/Vascos en el mundo, I think. They talk about exotic places like Hong Kong, Beijing, etc. I hardly ever watch the comedy programme Vaya Semanita on ETB, though I used to be a fan. It's at ten o'clock in the evening.

In the weekend I usually go out in the morning or correct/ prepare exams, but in the afternoon, after having lunch I usually watch a film or a video. I like romantic, action and adventure films, but there aren't good films on TV and the cinemas are very expensive too, so I usually watch a DVD. Describe a film you watch recently or don't forget a cartoon you like.




Finally, I want to finish this model of composition with a short comment about an article which was published on El País today about the use of Internet and TV, and there is a conclusion: YouTube España uses tv programmes and they are the most seen videos on the net.
It opens a new way of watching the TV and the Internet 2.0 will be a new revolution for the TV and education too.



No comments:

Blog Archive