Welcome

Check every section from this blog and take your time to use the commentaries to help to improve it. Thank you!


Sunday, November 29, 2009

Zaragoza-Osasuna and Barça-R.Madrid, more than two football games

Hi, there Osasuna supporters!! Today we are having a special weekend of football!
If we had to point down the most important confrontations in the actual football season I'd definitely say this Sunday is the one.
First, Osasuna is playing against Real Zaragoza in La Romareda at 5.00 pm. It's a traditional regional derby, but many things have changed in the last decades.
I'm 40 years now and I have relatives in the capital of the ancient kingdom of Aragon ( though, actually, I don't know if that fact is real ), but I remember the trip to Zaragoza and the stay in the city used to be a "fiesta" . I always walked along "El tubo" ( the old part of Zaragoza ) in my Osasuna shirt and showing my Osasuna scarf with any problem at all. There were wit comments from one side and the other, the locals and Navarrians, but with a lot of respect on them.
But after a date there was a change! I can't tell when, but there was violence in the streets, insults in and out the pitch and the fiesta was over.
I like football very much, but I think there are many daily topics which shouldn't be mixed with football. I mean, for example, religion. No matter if you believe or not. There mustn't be any bad word against other people believes. If you're from Zaragoza and listen insults against La Virgen del Pilar you'd likely to get angry and upset, and against San Fermin alike ( if you're from Pamplona ).
Besides, there is politics and hooligans! The inner hatred between Los Ligallo and Indar Gorri affect the rest of both team supporters as I see in the stadiums.The video down this article can be seen in youtube and shows what I say.

Last time I was in La Romareda there were many adults behind us who not only insulted me and the people from Navarra, but they also threw objects to us or spat over us! I was quite scared and I felt sad and unhappy!
I think this situation should improve and change, and it's in everybody's hands! There must be funny wit songs against each other teams, but being respectful and loyal, and in the end, as it used to be, a colective scream to support your regional rival and desire good luck for the rest of the season. As I really think we will always miss these kind of games against Zaragoza or Athletic, if they get relegated! ( I miss the games against Real Sociedad, Alaves, and even Logroñes, as they are in second division!!! )
If we only talk about football figures Osasuna have got two victories and one draw since 90-91 season!. The season 1990-91 (0-0), and 2001-02 (0-1) and 2006-07 (1-2). Osasuna and Zaragoza have played one against each other 27 times in La Romareda in history with the final result of 18 local victories, 4 draws and 5 Osasuna victories.
So, the kickoff team for Osasuna may be: Ricardo ; Azpilicueta, Sergio, Josetxo, Oier ; Juanfran, Rúper, Nekounam, Masoud ; Camuñas and Aranda.
On the other hand is Barça-Real Madrid, another derby! That isn't a regional derby itself, but it's something else! It's a political, economical, power and...football confrontation! It's another kind of game!
Tonight confrontation is different! Real Madrid is playing irregularly and worse than last year, but it's first in the League in front of Barça, which football journalists and supporters say play very well, but they had problems at the Champions and as I said they are second, behind their inner rival, Real Madrid, in the League.
We may make a forecast for tonight game, but it's difficult. I'd like Barça to win, for many reasons, but the most important one is that the League would continue to be very interesting and the struggle or fight against both teams, and don't forget Sevilla and Valencia too, would continue!

Aupa Osasuna! Aupa Rojillos!

No comments:

Blog Archive