Welcome

Check every section from this blog and take your time to use the commentaries to help to improve it. Thank you!


Monday, March 1, 2010

The legends of Birmingham


Before I tell you the most frightening story I have ever lived in my life I must locate the place where it happened. It was in Birmingham, the second biggest city in the U.K., within the English West Midlands.

It wasn't the first time I went to England and I decided to explore some of the haunted tales that I heard we can find throughout this city, where there are famous castles and hidden roads you might not want to drive down on your own.

One day, as usual, I went jogging and ventured into the Boggy Woods, the so-called Edgbaston Park, one of the main biggest parks in the city centre of Birmingham. I was enjoying the music from my MP3 and the bird songs when I saw him, face-to-face.


First I thought he was another athlete from the distance. with a tall, dark figure, standing on a bridge by a small lake in the area. When he realized I was watching him, he disappeared into thin air and left without any sign of wind.


Then, I went on running down Brightstone Road at about one hour later, and even with the music on I could hear noises that resemble screams. I took them off to notice where they came from, when suddenly it was cristal clear for me: it came from the ghost of a young boy who disappeared without a trace and was never located. I tried to approach him, but he vanished away.

After that, of course, I was completeley crossed, but I had to go back my residence, The Alexander House, and I went across Sherburne Road, which is haunted by the ghost of an elderly man, who wears a top hat and period clothing. He has been seen picking up papers along the side of the road. While I was shopping at Kangs Discount Store, I watched quite an unbelievable spectacle. I witnessed a lollipop walk out of the shop without anyone holding onto it. Was it a ghost, an illusion or a fragment of my imagination?

Finally, I reached my room and I spent the shower time thinking about my morning experiences and I resolved to calm down in a short trip. I heard of Dudley Castle and drove my rented car through the mountains towards the famous spot. It is supposed to be the home of numerous ghosts. The most common ghost sightings involve The Grey Lady, The Medieval Lady, The Black Monk, as well as Lady Jane.

The Grey Lady is believed to be the ghost of a woman by the name of Dorothy Beaumont, who passed away from natural causes. It is thought that she lost her life during childbirth. Her ghost is said to wander about the castle steps because her husband did not attend her funeral.

The Medieval Lady has been described as an elderly figure, who can be seen wearing a gray shawl, as well as cloth wrapped around her feet. Her most famous sighting was during a medieval dress competition that was held at the castle during 1983. She won the contest, but disappeared once attention was called to her.

The Black Monk has been sighted by an array of different visitors, as well as by members of the staff.

Lady Jane was a former resident of the castle, but had been beheaded, causing her ghost to roam about the castle grounds, appearing to visitors and employees.

Why don't you visit the castle and try a new experience?

No comments:

Blog Archive