Welcome

Check every section from this blog and take your time to use the commentaries to help to improve it. Thank you!


Friday, November 22, 2013

50 years of Kennedy's assassination

 

Friday 22nd marks fifty years since the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and special coverages remembering the day which marked the life of the oncoming American people and even presidents.

As I was born six years later after that historic event and most of my readers' parents probably were at the same situation, I am not asking the typical question that most newspapers say: "Where were you on the date which Kennedy was killed?". But I can say that History and Kennedy's biography was always in my mind. I bought and read books about the American President when my classmates and friends used to buy football albums or music magazines.

News coverage from November 22, 1963, when the network first reported on the assassination are in my early memories. And also those TV and video images from Dallas Dealey Plaza, including historic readings from some of President Kennedy’s speeches.

This weekend, American History TV looks back at the assassination and its aftermath. We will take accounts from that November day, and the commemorative events from the 50th anniversary.

And my tribute for an icon of courage, idealism and image. Even in my English lessons and Latin lessons I mention JFK's assessination and compare it with Julius Caesar's.

No comments:

Blog Archive